A hearty soup gets me all warm and cozy on the inside and if it has a kick to it the better coz that riot at the back of the throat is pure joy! This was done specifically for a friend that loves garlic bread so it was only natural I made a soup to go along with it.
- Sweet corn
- White onions
- Fresh white mushrooms
- Black pepper
- Melt 2 table spoons butter in a pot over medium heat then add 1 cup carrots, 1 cup onions, ½ cup celery and cook till tender but not brown.
- Add 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 cup sweet corn, 2 pounds mushrooms and cook till soft. This will usually take 5 minutes.
- Add the 6 cups stock to the pot (This can be vegetable or chicken stock but if you’re heavy on the seasoning and have no stock, water will do).
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix softened butter, finely chopped garlic, salt and finely chopped parsley.
- Cut bread about and inch thick and spread with the buttery mix.
- Bake bread till toasty on low heat and should take 5 to 10 minutes.
Plate your bread, serve the soup and enjoy.
Wooden plates from Aesthetic-256