Meals always taste better when shared and we’ll be making a pasta and curry perfect for sharing with friends and family.
- Mixed herbs
- Aubergine (egg plant)
- Curry powder
- Olive Oil
- Bring 5 liters(to about 500 gm of pasta) of cool water to boil
- Once the water has come to full boil, add salt and mixed herbs
- Add the pasta all at once to the seasoned water
- Stir at the beginning and let the pasta boil. pasta takes 8-12 minutes to cook and you can start checking for readiness and texture after 4 minutes.
- If the pasta is ready and still has a bit of water drain and do not rinse.
- Brown the beef in a pan with a spoon of olive oil and set aside
- Blend the fresh tomatoes, carrots, aubergine to form a paste and add the spices
- Brown the onions, add the paste and beef
- Stir till the beef is coated and add water/stock/drained water from the pasta and bring to boil till the beef is tender.
- Once the beef is tender, cook with the pot uncovered as the sauce thickens
Bring out the bowls, jug of juice and enjoy the meal!
Photos; Andrew Pacutho